I have been doing quite a bit of marketing via Twitter recently. During this effort, I have noticed a couple of trends in the automatic Direct Messages I am getting when I follow people. (I am assuming that most people have an automatic Direct Message). Some of them I don’t like, some I understand, and some I feel are inappropriate. You make the call, I just listed them in generic groups below.
- You’re following me? FABULOUS! U Rock! Let the tweets begin.
- Thanks for the follow! You rock Please check out my Young Internet Entrepreneur blog ******
- You totally ROCK, thanks for the follow! Please @me anytime. Seen ***** yet? How can I help U?
What I don’t understand about this one is, I am following you on Twitter so that I don’t have to find you on FaceBook. Also, facebook (for me) is a site for personal relationships, not business or casual encounters.
- Thx for the follow! Extreme value on new group in facebook ***** check it, and see for yourself
- Thanks for following me! Please feel free to add me on Facebook “***** ******”.
- Hello ****. Great to connect with you. Feel Free to add me on Facebook too: *****
- Thanks for following me *****, let’s also connect on Facebook – ******
- Thanks for the follow, look forward to learning more about you. Lets connect on Facebook *****
- thank you for following, ? I’ll try to find you as many job leads as I can!
- hey thx for following me ****! i use Twitter for both personal and business so feel free to ask anything
- Thanks for following Kona Endurance. We help pro and amateur endurance athletes increase VO2 max and reduce lactic acid.
- Thank you so much for the follow. If there is any way that I can support you, please let me know. I wish you the best.
- Thank you, great concept! I will do, not sure what to do as the full site isn’t live yet. The beta will be live in March.
- Thank you for following me. I am going to follow you back!
- It’s nice to meet you, *****. Thanks for following.
- Obrigado por me seguir! Thanks for following me! Diga-me como lhe posso ser útil. Let me know how I can help you.
These are DMs with religious connotation.
- Have A Blessed day.
- Happy New Year, and may you have many more blessed days.
- Thanks for following me *****.May God continue to bless you and your family. *****
- thanks for the follow…blessings.
- Nice to Tweet you! Hope I can share with you my world!
- Hello, im looking forward to reading your updates, dont be a stranger!
- Thanks for following… Look forward to Tweeting with you!
- Thanks for following me. look forward to tweeting with you
- Welcome to the stream enjoy our moments in time
- Hi – Thanks for sharing the journey with me! Look forward to tweeting with you soon…
I call these spammy, because they are DMs intended to get people to have a second chance to see a site link or URL.
- thanks for following me.Join my unisuccess space for better networking :http://unisuccess-space.ning.com/
- Thanks for following me. Check out www.Soles4Souls.org where we giveaway a pair of shoes every 17 seconds
- Thnx for following! I will follow u 2! BTW I just launched my book! -> http://twitclicks.com/xsfn
- Thank you for following http://www.tweetgiveaway.com. I look forward to your Tweets
- Thanks for following me! Be sure to check out my site http://www.TheGadget411.com and comment a post! IT TAKES ONLY 10
These are different than site links, because they usually come with the “get my free gift” message.
- Thanks for following, look forward to getting to know you. Posted some cool gifts for you at http://www.xaviernelson.com
- Thank you for following me! Meanwhile you can watch this free videos about list building @ http://tinyurl.com/8tjmxz
- Hi and Thanks for the follow! Grab Your Free Copy of *The Twitter Report* @ http://www.MLMIsEasyOnline.com
- Here’s my gift to you http://TwitPWR.com/3uP/ Thanks for following me. I look forward to connecting more!
- Hey Twitter friend, thanks for the follow! – The Monetizer’s moneymakers are here: http://themonetizer.blogspot.com
- Thanks for following @TopWineNews (Wine Lover). Tell us what you’re drinking tonite and we’ll RT, sharing with the Twibe.
- Thanks for following Twit2Win! Good luck in our Tweetstakes!
- Thanks for following me. I look forward to networking with you in the months ahead. Ask me about SocialTo
Do you have a category that should be added here? How about a classic DM that you have received?