This is straight from gawminers’ support with a little more OS specific clarity added by me. My ZenController didn’t work out of the box, so they sent me these instructions. I ended up flashing the raspberry pi and just installing Raspbian with cgminer and using the command below. However, this would work for any computer if you didn’t have a Raspberry Pi or ZenController!
Step by Step Setup Guide for Gen A Miners:
1. Download and Extract: http://sgminer.builders/
2. Make sure you have this driver installed: http://www.silabs.com/
3. Open up notepad and paste in:
3a. Change pool info to your own
3b. change COM4 to your COM port (Go to device manager to find your COM port for your miner)
3c. change chips count to your miner’s
War Machine: 256
Black Widow: 64
4. For Windows: Save text file as miner.bat file in the same folder as your cgminer.exe
For Mac/Linux – just save it as a miner.sh file in the same folder as cgminer, set permissions to 755 “chmod 755 miner.sh”
5. Run batch file and profit!
Windows cmd line: run minder.bat
If you want to build cgminer from source:
cd to the root directory
Run “autoreconf -fvi”
Run “CFLAGS=”-O2″ ./configure”
- cgminer-3.1.1.zip (800 KB) available on my site here
- windows.zip (2 MB) I didn’t get this one downloaded
- cgminer_gena (200 KB) available on my site here
For Linux, just download the first zip file, unzip and type “make” to get your cgminer application ready. After that, you just need to add the params for pool and user/pass to get mining.
Update: I found instructions on how to add ncurses support to this version of cgminer. Thanks /u/ross549!!
Please consider donating Dogecoin if you like my content.